Graphic design background or not, anyone is capable of creating a stunning infographic thanks to easy-to-use tools like Piktochart. The hard part is being strategic about the communication within the infographic. Here are five tips for creating a strategically designed infographic for your brand.
- Establish your story first. Once you start working with all the fun design elements, it can be easy to get lost in the different options. Make sure you’ve established the goal of your infographic and a basic outline of your main points before you start in on the design.
- Identify key statistics. The point of an infographic is to share information, not to sell a product. Once you’ve identified your goal and main points, begin researching to identify important facts and statistics that will provide the basis for your infographic and convey your main points.
- Is your target audience someone other than yourself? Then have someone else look at the information you’ve gathered as well. The message you’re sending might come across differently to them than you might expect and it’s important to realize this before you’ve invested time in designing the infographic.
- Design with purpose. Your message should dictate the design, not the other way around. Every element you include in your design should have some purpose other than the fact that it looks good.
- Don’t forget to include a call-to-action. While it’s important that your information comes across as sincere and untainted by a company agenda, it’s also necessary to include some way for readers to interact with your company, even it’s as simple as visiting your website to learn more.
Have you created an infographic before? What design tips did you pick up?